We loved our customized private tours with Dayami. She was knowledgeable and treated us like family. I appreciated the fact that we stayed at an AirB&B with a private room, ate at private homes and worked with Dayami, who is a private tour guide.
Even though we're fluent in Spanish, Dayami made our trip to Cuba one that we will always remember. Having such a knowledgeable local guide allowed us to chill and truly enjoy our trip. Dayami catered to our every need and provided a local's perspective on the island that left us hungry for more. We've recommended her to all of our family and friends.
Don't listen to those making you feel like you have to book a ship tour in order to legally explore Cuba. I'm so glad that we did not book a large tour, but rather worked with Dayami to personalize our time in Havana for the needs of our family. We can't wait to return.
Cuba blew our minds. Dayami was so knowledgeable and willing to share her insider's perspective on the island. I felt like we were hanging out with a friend. If you're a lover of architecture, photography, culture, history and music, then hurry up and contact Dayami. You won't regret it. We're so grateful to have experienced Cuba like a local.
2018 Cuban travel update: The U.S. announced new travel rules for Cuba. Americans can no longer travel to the island under the People to People category as an individual and you're unable to patronized any military - owned business.
Legal travel to Cuba is still possible under the Support For The Cuban People category and our tours can assist you in planning a safe, educational and cost effective trip to the island.
Check out Clandestina for the best Cuban made gear.
Have Kiddos Will Travel Cuba Tours offer:
A one of a kind safe, personalized, private tour option for those wanting to visit Cuba and experience it like a local.
Did you know that you can in fact still travel to Cuba independently even if arriving via cruise ship?
By booking a trusted private tour, you will save 100's of US dollars on your excursion time on the island. Our tours are priced per car, not per person for a group of 4 and can be coordinated to accommodate larger family - group sizes.
Pro - tips:
- Everyone (including children) will need a passport book (not a passport card) that is valid for at least 6 months after your trip. Two pages are required for entry - exit stamps.
- Each traveler will need a Cuban Visa if you're a US citizen (please research Visa laws for other countries) which cost $75.00 per person. Take your time completing this simple form, as mistakes are not accepted and you will have to buy another one. If traveling by cruise ship, you will receive your vista while checking in at the port and will have time to complete it prior to disembarking.
- U.S. credit and debit cards generally do not work in Cuba. Bring cash to cover your stay. The Cuban government requires that travelers declare cash amounts over 5,000 USD. Travelers should note that the Government of Cuba charges a 10 percent fee for all U.S. dollar cash conversions; this does not apply to electronic transactions or cash conversions in other currencies.
- US dollar and credit cards are not accepted in Cuba. Do your research regarding how much money you will need and plan accordingly. I recommend changing money into Cuban Convertible Pesos (CUC) before meeting your guide (for lunch, souvenirs, rum, the sampling, etc.). It is recommended that you change US currency to Euros prior to your trip (AAA will do this without an additional conversion fee for members) and then change dollars to CUC upon arrival. At the time of our visit The official exchange rate (at the time of our trip in 2018) is 0.87 for every 1 USD.
- The export of Cuban convertible pesos (CUC) is strictly prohibited, regardless of the amount. When departing Cuba, U.S. travelers are advised to exchange Cuban convertible pesos (CUC) back to US Dollars well before reaching airport security checkpoints to avoid potential confiscation of the CUC. For other currencies, travelers may export up to the equivalent of 5,000 USD. Anyone wishing to export more than this amount must demonstrate evidence that the currency was acquired legitimately from a Cuban bank.
- Dayami was very helpful in regards to helping us figure out how much cash we would need for all of our tours, meals, and shopping. We returned to our ship with only 5 CUCs.
- Bring sunblock, hats, and sun glasses. I packed a back pack with safe drinking water, snacks and treats for our kids.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. Havana streets are beautiful, but the cobblestone is hard on your feet.
- Leave your jewelry and fancy items at home.
- Don't take pictures of Cuban police or military.
- Keep your strong tourist opinions about Fidel, the Castro family, the revolution or communism to your self. Avoid discussing politics (history discussions are okay) and you're good.
- There are two currencies in Cuba. The first is the Cuban Convertible Peso CUC (which tourists use) and is worth 26 Cuban Pesos CUP.
- Don't expect to have access to the many comforts of home. There is almost no access to many of the consumer goods that are common for us in the United States. So, make sure to bring that which you can't live without. If you wan't toothpaste, a toothbrush, toilet paper, hand disinfectant, mints or snacks, make sure to bring them with you.
Have you been wanting to visit Cuba, but are hesitant to book due to language barriers and concerns about trusted ways to tour?
I have the perfect solution, with access to a professional English - Spanish speaking local tour company that will provide you with the most thorough Cuban history, culture, food, music and architecture tour options.
You will not be disappointed.
We offer pre planned itineraries and private tours that can be adapted to your travel needs.
Feel free to email me email@example.com for overview information of tour options prior to booking.
Trust me, you'll want to maximize your sightseeing and authentic Cuban experience with exceptional tour(s).
Why book a private tour:
- Access to experienced, affordable, quality tour guides in reliable classic Cuban cars.
- Completely pre planned Cuban Island tours that can be customized to be meet your family or group needs.
- Any itinerary possible - can be tweaked or adapted to fit the needs of families, couples, singles or seniors.
- This is a private, personalized tour service. No big groups or waiting in line.
- Our tours are run by local Cuban experts with a love for the island and are fluent in English.
- Access to a hidden gem!
- Trustworthy, reliable and safety oriented tour company that will not break the bank.
A one of a kind safe, personalized, private tour option for those wanting to visit Cuba and experience it like a local.
Other tours charge 3 to 4 times per person what Dayami charges and you would be traveling throughout the island in bigger groups.
Spend some time reviewing the Cuba tours options below and then Contact Dayami directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your tour today. She will work directly with you to book and customize your tour(s). Tell her that Ruth Mendes from Have Kiddos Will Travel sent you.
4-hour city tour in air-conditioned classic American car with a guide
- Ride along the Malecon (sea wall drive)
- Colon Cemetery (World Heritage Site)
- Callejón de Hamel (rumba performances/Afro-Cuban religion/art scene)
- Central Park
- Capitol building
- National Hotel
- San Jose Handicraft market
- Fusterlandia community/art project
- Revolution Square
- Rainforest of Havana (National Park)
- Bay fortresses and the Christ of Havana (viewpoint)
- Coffee-rum-cigar tasting/shopping (optional: Additional per /person
- Rum tasting (optional: additional cost per /person)
- Cocktail lesson (interactive lesson/tasting/drinking): additional cost per /person
- Show by members of the Buena Vista Social Club (optional: additional cost /person at 9pm)
NOTE: The time spent in the lessons/tasting/lunch is not counted. Reservation needed for this activities, please confirm in advance. The optional activities can be booked separately from the tour.
3-hour historical, cultural walking tour of Old Havana
1. All four main squares: Cathedral Plaza, Old Plaza, Saint Francis of Assisi Plaza and Arms Square
2. Hemingway’s favorite places
3. Central Park area
4. Capitol building
5. Handcrafted perfume shop
6. Entrance-free museums
Side activities: coffee-rum-cigar tasting (optional: additional cost per person. Night show by members of the Buena Vista Social Club (optional: additional cost per person at 9pm). The time spent in the tasting/lunch is not counted. Reservation needed for this activities, please confirm in advance.
3-hour walking tour of Old Havana, plus one-hour ride in an American convertible
1. Revolution Square
2. Lenon Park
3. Havana’s Forest (natural protected area)
4. Malecon (sea wall drive)
5. All four main squares in Old Havana
6. Some of Hemingway’s favorite places
7. Experimental graphic workshop/studios
(World Heritage Site) in Pinar del Rio province (2 ½ hour-drive), in air-conditioned classic American car plus the guide
1. Boat ride inside a cave
2. Visit to cigar plantation: free cigar tasting and demonstration of hand-rolled cigar making
3. Tour of Palenque de los Cimarrones (former hiding place for runaway slaves)
4. Los Jazmines viewpoint (marvelous view of the Valley and the mogotes (typical hills)
5. Horseback riding
6. Prehistoric mural wall painting
7. Zip line tour
Bring extra cash for some of those activities and lunch in a privately-owned restaurant (homemade-style food)
3-hour guided tour of Hemingway’s favorite places in Cuba in classic American cars with AC
1. Hemingway’s house-museum
2. Floridita Restaurant (daiquiris)
3. Ambos Mundos Hotel (his former room, now a museum)
4. Cojimar fishing town
5. La Bodeguita del Medio Restaurant (mojitos)
Visit to art community projects/studios/workshops
Art in the community tour. Visit to Muraleando art community project: from dumping site to art scene.
This tour may last up to 4 hours. Entrance fee is covered by the tour (up to 4 persons by car).
This is an opportunity to enjoy a live performance by a local band, meet and share with local artists/buy their works/enroll in dance, percussion, engraving and painting lessons):
NOTE: You may also have the chance to see children taking part in different workshops (engraving, film, dance, painting, percussion, depending on the day). Local grandmothers also have their own workshop. Donations are welcomed. Visitors can also participate in volunteer works to help enhance the project. Lunch and the lessons need to be arranged/booked in advance; therefore, we need the client’s confirmation.d a description about this item
The price varies for experienced clients and beginners. Let me know if there is anyone interested in this tour to send you the details and arrange with Hugo. Be specific as to experience. Transportation to the scuba diving places (Havana, Artemisa or Matanzas provinces) is also available
Based on Level
Price for beginners. This price covers introductory lesson and 1 dive.
NOTE: The activities may last up to 3 hours. The equipment is included.
WHERE TO DIVE/SNORKEL AND TRANSPORTATION COST?
In Havana: Guanabo, Miramar, Santa Fé, Baracoa and Salado
In Mayabeque province: Bacunayagua, Jaruco, Puerto Escondido, Boca de Calderas
In Artemisa province: Mariel, Playa Herradura
In Matanzas province: Girón
Information needed: Client’s height, weight, shoe/shirt size (European standard).
Day trip to Varadero beach (2 hours from Havana)
1. Saturno Cave (swimming/snorkeling)
2. Xanadu Mansion (Dupont’s former house)
3. Beach time
Cost is per person
Walk along the streets of Havana, sample popular Cuban snacks, bites, fruits and get familiar with local food customs, culture, history and everyday life on the island under the guidance of a local guide/food enthusiast.
NOTE: The food/drinks are covered by the tour. No alcoholic drinks included.
Our family enjoyed an amazing personalized tour of Havana via foot and classic American car.
Check out our adventures:
Private, personalized tour service. Trustworthy, reliable and safe way that is affordable.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.